INDO-EUROPEAN CHAMBER/YOUTH ORCHESTRA
THE GRAND BUDAPEST CONCERT, HUNGARY
The 3rd Edition – August 2023
Concert Venue: Royal Palace of Gödöllő (Grassalkovich-kastély 5852, 2100 Hungary).
Date: Landing in Budapest on the 9th of August 2023, and departing on the 15th Aug’23 (7 days and 6 nights).
Instruments: Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, (String section). Also, Flute, Oboe, Bassoon, Horn, Clarinet, etc. (For Chamber Orchestra) are welcome to audition.
Eligibility: Practical Music Examination Grade 4 Pass and above as per ABRSM, Trinity College, LCM, and similar. Students/Performers with good playing ability will be accepted, even if not appeared for any examination.
Covid19 Pandemic Note: The Grand Budapest Concert project 2023 is subject to the development of the Coronavirus Pandemic Situation. The program may get cancelled at the last moment because of a sudden lockdown domestically or internationally or any unforeseen similar reasons because of the Pandemic.
Stay and Rehearsal Venue:
- All the participants will stay at a residential school facility in Budapest, which will ensure the security of the young participants. The accommodation will have all amenities needed for the concert project.
- Accommodation, food, and rehearsal places are in the same venue.
- Veg & Non-Veg food option will be available (Hungarian/European meals only).
Accommodation and Food: Accommodation will be arranged in 2 to 6 beds school hostel rooms, including a full board with blankets and an attached bathroom, and meals (breakfast, lunch, and light dinner).
Food (meal plan): Breakfast, Lunch, Light Dinner – Veg/Non-Veg will be provided under the package. We will have European food (not Indian) and the dinner will be light. It’s a cultural trip and the members are expected to enjoy homely type Hungarian food and serving.
The Price (Package) for the Grand Budapest Concert
For Each Member: Rs. 1,09,740 (One Lakh, Nine Thousand, Seven Hundred and Forty Rupees) inclusive of 18% GST per person.
International Members: The international participants, who don’t have an Indian Bank account and Indian billing address, may pay in foreign currency via PayPal. An equivalent amount will be charged to them adding with transaction charges and any other relevant applicable charges. Please write to us with your (or parent’s if minor) present International Address proof (Photo ID copy) for more information on the same. The payment should be made in foreign currency (USD, GBP, and Euro) by the international candidates.
The Price Includes:
- Accommodation for 6 nights with full boarding (Breakfast, Lunch, Light Dinner – Veg/NonVeg European meal)
- 4 to 5 days of orchestra rehearsal venue
- 1 to 2 sightseeing trips in Budapest (by walk and public transport)
- Budapest transport weekly ticket
- Tentatively ‘Royal Palace of Gödöllő’ or any other prestigious venue in Budapest.
- Public Boat trip in the River Danube (this is included in the Budapest weekly public transport pass, but the trip will depend on the availability of space in the boats which are often unpredictable during the holiday seasons)
- Pro Video recording of the concert – selected clips will be shared (newly added)
- Professional Photography of the orchestra and members (newly added)
- Every participant will receive a ‘Certificate of Participation’.
- The cost of travel to Europe – International and domestic flights are not included in the package. Participants have to arrange their flight tickets.
- Visa service/cost not included in the tariff, visa service shall not be provided by us.
- Airport pick-up or drop or Taxi/Van service is not included.
- Additional attractions like the Buda castle funicular, Bath entrance ticket, Zoo, Museums, etc. are not included.
- The transportation cost for traveling between the hostel and the concert venue (if outside the public transportation zone) is not included in the package.
Audition: The Orchestra will be assembled with musicians selected through our audition process. The audition is also required for the members who were already part of the Indo-European Orchestra concert tour to Budapest in August 2019 and 2022, and who were part of our first project in Hyderabad at the 1st Autumn International Music Fest & Masterclasses in October 2018. The rules might change, therefore, do contact us for the latest audition rules and details at email@example.com
Masterclass: In our 3rd Budapest concert segment, we will continue focusing on the ‘Chamber Music Performance Masterclass/Workshop’ for everyone. Learning the valuable techniques for individual performance is not enough as an orchestral player, it is very important to learn the nuances and techniques of how to become a good team player – be it stand partners, sections, trio, quartet, or an ensemble, there are various techniques involved to master the art to perform at its best.
Certificate: Every participant will receive a ‘Certificate of Participation’.
Hire Musical Instrument: It’s possible to borrow instruments like Cello and Double Bass for the rehearsals and the concert with extra charges.
- Indian candidates are requested to pay 50% of the full amount for confirming the seat in the orchestra by the deadline (March 2023) or as per the due date mentioned in the invoice. The rest of the 50% amount needs to be paid by the end of May 2023.
- International candidates International participants are requested to pay the 100% full amount by the deadline (March 2023). The payment should be made in foreign currency (USD, GBP, and Euro) by international candidates, equivalent to the price in INR will be charged, (additional transaction charges and relevant fees would be added).
Cancellation & Refund:
- The full fee will be refunded if we can’t carry out the project. The advance and full amount will not be refunded for any other reason, which includes natural calamity, national/international political issues, epidemics, recession, riots, pandemics, etc.
- The fee (advance and full amount) will not be refunded if the candidate’s Visa gets rejected.
Rules, Terms & Conditions:
- Selection is completely depending on the audition and only the qualified candidates will be invited for the trip.
- The participant should be grown-up enough to travel alone if no one can’t accompany her/him. We cannot provide personal assistance to any young or adult participant.
- If the payments are not paid within the given date(s), the position will be refused or passed on to someone else.
- It is widely advised to apply for the Schengen Visa 3 months before the flying date so the Visa gets approved in time and the candidate can get enough time to prepare for the trip and the performance pieces, it is mandatory for everyone to prepare their parts well in advance and come to Budapest fully ready.
- Food & Stay is included in the package as per the terms of our Hungarian partner-organization. If you stay in some other place/hotel and eat outside, you won’t get any reduction from the package. Stay and Breakfast, Lunch, and Light Dinner – Veg/Non-Veg will be provided under the package, but please note that we will be provided European food (not Indian) and the dinner will be light.
- We are not responsible for any Visa related service. It is widely known that VFS handles the Visa process for the Schengen Short-Term Visa in India. And, only authorized travel agencies are allowed to help visitors. We are not authorized to do that. We will only provide the invitation letter from our Hungarian partner and the accommodation letter as well, which is our responsibility. We won’t be able to assist with the Visa obtaining process. Please contact VFS Hungary for more details. The participation fee (full amount) will not be refunded if any candidate fails to obtain the Visa.
- The parent/adult candidate must sign the ‘Declaration Letter and Consent Letter’ (adhering, understanding, and agreeing to our terms and conditions) in order to participate in the Grand Budapest Concert project 2023, the documents will be provided by us. Failing to submit the signing copy of the ‘Declaration Letter and Consent Letter’ along with the Address proof and Photo ID copy will be subject to non-entry of the particular candidate.
- In case, there is a need for a change in the venue of the performance in Budapest, we will have the concert at some other suitable venue in Budapest instead of the particular announced concert venue. In such a situation, participants will cooperate with us and will not raise any objections. Also, participants will not ask for refunds. MMSO will not make any refunds for changing the venue of the performance in Budapest, Hungary. This can only occur in rare situations.
- We will not be assisting the accompanying parents in any aspect of this project. We will only coordinate for the performing members. Please note, parents are not allowed to stay with the participants unless they are formally staying in the hostel. Parents can arrange their own stay in Budapest and meet the participants in their free time. There are many hotels nearby.
- The Grand Budapest Concert project 2023 is subject to the development of the Coronavirus Pandemic Situation and also, Geopolitical conflicts and similar matters. The program may get canceled at the last moment because of a sudden lockdown domestically or internationally or any unforeseen issues.
“IEYO is the first western classical music orchestra from India that performed in Europe, the concert took place at the Danube palace in august 2019”
Concert at the Festetics Palace – August 2022
WATCH OUR YOUTUBE CHANNEL
Company Policy and Details
Policy: For the elaborate company policies, terms & conditions for this particular project please Click Here
Michael Makhal Symphony Orchestra Pvt. Ltd., a company incorporated under the Indian Companies Act, 1956 having its registered office located at F.No. 205, Hiline Complex, Road No. 12, Banjara Hills Hyderabad- 500034, Telangana State, INDIA. CIN: U93000TG2013PTC089277
GSTIN, PAN and Bank Account details of Michael Makhal Symphony Orchestra Pvt. Ltd.
(a) GST Number: 36AAICM7478D1Z5
(b) PAN Number: AAICM7478D
(C) Bank Account Details:
Bank Name: Axis Bank Ltd.
Branch Name: Tolichowki
Account Name: Michael Makhal Symphony Orchestra Private Limited
Account Type: Current Account
Account Number: 918020058645082, IFSC Code: UTIB0001628
SWIFT Code: AXISINBB030, MICR Code: 500211045, SAC Code: 999631